- What fads or fashions do you remember from growing up? How did the ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s, or ‘00s affect your sense of self?
- For weeks we have seen Moses struggle with his identity. As a Hebrew-born, Egyptian-raised individual, he found himself caught between two worlds. Read Exodus 4:18-23. How has Moses’s experience with Midian and Egyptian culture led him to trouble in this passage?
- Read Genesis 17:9-14. Why is circumcision such a big deal?
- Read Jeremiah 31:31-34. What is God’s plan for this new covenant? How does it differ from the first covenant?
- How will this covenant be confirmed? Read Luke 22:19-20.
- Read Hebrews 8:6 and 9:15. How is the new covenant better? What does Jesus’ death on the cross ensure for those who believe?
MAKING IT PERSONAL:
- Have you ever been rebuked by a close friend or family member? How does God use other people in your life to bring correction when you step out of bounds?
- Are there any areas of your life that are outside the boundaries of God’s will for you? What steps do you need to take to get right with God?
- What is one take away from this study that you will commit to place into action?