Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
Describe a time when God answered an important prayer in your life. How did the way God answer your prayer affect your relationship with Him?
Read Luke 18:1-8
- What is Jesus trying to teach his disciples through this parable? Why do you think this would have been an important lesson to learn?
- What do we learn about God from this parable? Why do you think God does not always answer our prayers immediately?
- What is the significance of the question that Jesus asks at the end of the parable?
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason introduced a prayer principle: P-U-S-H, or
“Pray Until Something Happens.” What keeps most people from praying consistently? What are some specific ways we can overcome giving up
on our prayers?
Read 1 Kings 19:9-13
- Why do you think God choose to communicate to Elijah the way He did?
- What are other ways in the scriptures that we see God communicates to His children?
Make It Personal:
- How honest are you with God when you pray? What are some reasons that keep us from being totally honest with God?
- Describe how you communicate to God. What ways are most effective and meaningful to you?
- If you had a top five prayer list, what items would be on there?Start praying about these things daily.