Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday while diving deeper into God's word.
- As a child did you ever get caught trying to hide something you did that was an accident or bad decision? Tell your story?
- What insight, observation, or principle from this weekend’s message did you find most helpful, insightful, or troubling? Explain.
In Genesis 3 we read about the fall. Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden experince something they had never experienced before, the temptation of sin introduced by Satan. Ever since the fall, we too, as God’s beloved creation, have been tempted to step outside of God’s boundaries. We, like Adam and Eve, experience the consequences.
Read Genesis 3
- How can you relate to Adam & Eve? Was what happened to Adam & Eve fair?
- How did the Serpent deceive Eve? How does Satan use this tactic today?
- In vs. 6 we are told Eve saw that the fruit was good and pleasing to the eye, and desirable for wisdom. From first glance all good things were found in the fruit. Was this an accurate assessment? What was Eve lacking in her assessment? What were the unintended consequences of Eve’s actions?
- Have you ever found yourself making an assessment about a choice without having a full understanding of what that choice would bring like Eve? What were the unintended consequences?
- In vs. 8 we see a picture of the daily intimacy that God shared with Adam and Eve. After the fall how did their intimacy with God change?
- On Sunday Pastor Jason made the point , “Secrecy is the enemy of intimacy.” How do we see this displayed in this text? How have you experienced this in your relationship with God? With others?
- Why do you think we have a tendency to want to hide things from God, when he already knows what we did?
- Not only did Adam & Eve’s relationship with God change, but so did their relationship with one another. How is this portrayed in the text?
- How is God’s grace displayed to Adam & Eve after they sinned?
Making it Personal:
- The Vow of Purity | I promise I will confide in you and not hide from you. How do you practically do this in your marriage? If not married how do you do this in your spiritual friendships?
- Have you ever experienced the power of confession, forgiveness, and grace? Can you share some of your story?
- What steps are you taking today to eliminate temptation before it happens?
- Is there a step of faith that God is leading you to take as a result of this week’s sermon or Life Group Study?