Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What was your last good fight about? How did it get resolved?
Digging Deeper: Read Acts 15
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? What questions do you find yourself asking at you read this text? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- What was the problem the early church was faced with in this passage of scripture?
- Who was the opposition in this passage of scripture? How did the early church respond?
- What role did the Holy Spirit play in this passage of scripture?
- Discuss the significance of Peter’s remarks in Acts 15:8-11.
- While the early church did not require gentiles to be circumcised, they did ask them not to do several things. What were they, and why?
Make It Personal:
- What religious rules did you follow growing up that you realize now as an adult you do not need to follow?
- What is the benefit of religious rules when you are a young, growing Christian?
- What is the danger of using religious rules as a requirement for inclusion or exclusion in the church community? How do these rules help or hinder unity in the global Church?
- While Churches do not often have written rules that must be followed, they often have many unspoken rules. What are some unspoken church rules that you have seen and experienced in Church?
- What does Jesus say is required for one to become a member of His spiritual family? How might we better represent Jesus’ inclusive heart in our own church community?
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?