Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- Who is the greatest encouragement in your life? How often do you feel like your encouraging bucket is filled?
Digging Deeper: Read Acts 13:13-52
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? What questions do you find yourself asking as you read this text? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- Who was Paul addressing? What is significant about Paul’s audience?
- Why do you think Paul gave a summary of Israel’s history in his presentation of the Gospel? What was the point he was trying to make? How is Paul’s sermon similar to Stephen’s in Acts 7?
- What was the response to the initial response to Paul’s proclamation of the Gospel? Why do you think there were different responses to the same message?
Make It Personal:
- How easy is it for you to offer others grace? How easy is it for you to offer yourself grace?
- We often tend to be our own worst critics. What are some practical ways we can focus on God’s given grace in areas where we fall short?
- On Sunday Pastor Jason made the point, “The greatest reality of the gospel is that we have a savior and it is not us.” Even though many of us believe this theoretically, how often do you find yourself still preforming to earn God’s love and favor?
- In the sermon Pastor Jason stated, “The gospel declares that Jesus has set us free from every form of religious obligation.” What forms of religious duty, ritual, or obligation did you grow up with? Do you ever find yourself going back to old religious patterns?
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?