Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- Have you ever been on a mission’s trip? Share your experience with your life group?
Digging Deeper: Read Acts 13:1-12
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? What questions do you find yourself asking as you read this text? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- As you mediate on this passage of scripture, what do you feel God is trying to show you, teach you? Is there any encouragement or correction that you need to acknowledge in this moment?
- Who are the characters in this passage of scripture? Who do you find yourself relating with the most? Take a moment to place yourself in the text. What are these people feeling, thinking? How are they responding to the events taking place?
- What does this passage of scripture teach us about the general and specific callings of God?
- In your opinion, did anyone have a faith response to the Gospel that Barnabas and Paul shared?
Make It Personal:
- Who in your life has God placed on your heart a desire to see them come to know Jesus? How is your relationship with them helping them take steps closer to a faith relationship with Jesus?
- In our modern Christian culture, we often use the terminology of being “saved” to describe someone who has saving faith in Jesus. Do we see the same terminology in the text we read? How was a faith-filled response described in the passage we read? In other passages?
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason described God as a missionary God. How do we see this truth played out in the scriptures?
- Pastor Jason encouraged us to “bloom where we are planted.” What might that look like in your life?
- In a few words, what is the Gospel? What is a false Gospel? Review the three false Gospels presented on Sunday. How have you seen these in our culture? Have you seen or heard of other forms of false Gospels?
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?