Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What is the best meal you have ever had? Share the experience with the group.
Digging Deeper: Matthew 9:9-13 and Luke 7:36-39
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- What is similar about these two passages of scripture? What is different?
- What was a common accusation about Jesus and the people He tended to have meals with? Why did the Pharisees feel it necessary to make such accusations?
- How is the heart of God reflected in who Jesus chose to eat with, and how did He respond to the criticisms of the Pharisees?
- Who are those that our Christian culture might criticize us for eating with?
Make It Personal:
- Have you ever hosted a meal that did not go well? Share your experience with your group.
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to be hospitable. How would you define hospitality in your own words?
- On Sunday, we discovered the deeper theological understanding of biblical hospitality. How does this deepen your understanding of the shared meal?
- What meals do we see Jesus share in the scriptures? How did these meals impact those who He ate with?
- Why do you think that our culture tends to be drifting away from a culture of hospitality, welcoming others into our homes to share a meal and life together?
- Hospitality is far more than sharing meals with others. What are others ways that we might foster a hospitable spirit?
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?
(Login/Register to leave a comment)