Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
When was a time that you felt honored? Received an award or recognition for an accomplishment? How did it make you feel?
Dig Deeper: Read John 13:1-20
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- What do you think was Jesus’ big idea? What was the point He was trying make?
- Review John 13:3-5. What three things did Jesus know? How did knowing those three things help Jesus in serving others? How might these truths help us serve others?
- How did Jesus’ audience react?
- What does it practically look like to serve others as Jesus commanded His disciples to follow His example?
- What blessings do we receive by serving others like Jesus commanded?
Make It Personal:
- Foot washing was a nasty job. What nasty jobs do you tend to avoid?
- Serving makes us more God-conscious, and less self-conscious. When you serve others who do you tend to focus your attention on? What is the danger of being people-focused when we serve?
- Serving like Jesus helps one another see and experience God. Have you ever been served by another that it helped you see and experience the love of God? Share an example…
- Serving one another brings God’s blessings into our homes. How have you experienced this to be true?
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?
(Login/Register to leave a comment)