Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- Play a round of “Two Truths and a Lie” with your life group.
Read Matthew 4:1-11
- What is your initial response to this passage of scripture? What stands out to you? What questions or insights do you have?
- From this passage of scripture, what do we learn about Jesus? What do we learn about Satan?
- What is significant about the Holy Spirit leading Jesus into the desert to be tempted by Satan? Why was this necessary? Read Hebrews 4:15-16 for more insight.
- How did Jesus fight against the temptations of Satan? Is there a pattern in His responses?
Make It Personal:
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason presented three truths we hear repeated in God’s word. What were they? Is there a pattern to these three truths?
- Which of the three truths do you find the most impactful this week? Which truth have you had the hardest time with this week?
- Have you ever had to learn the hard way that God’s way is better?
- How easy is it for you to live your life with God in control? Do you tend to try to take back control in any area of your life?
- Pastor Jason presented three lies from Satan seen in the temptation of Jesus. What were they? Is there a pattern to these temptations?
- From the three lies of Satan, which lie do you tend to fall for the most? How might we battle against the lies of Satan?
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?