Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday while diving deeper into God's word.
- What is one of the best gifts you have ever given? What feelings and emotions did you experince as you gave? What was the response you received?
- Have you ever given a gift and not received the response you had hoped for? How did this make you feel?
- What insight, observation, or principle from this weekends message did you find most helpful, insightful, or troubling? Explain.
Philippians 2:1-11 is an often over looked Christmas passage. As we enter the Christmas season we are often drawn to the story of the nativity focusing our attention of the Angels, Shepherds, Joseph & Mary, and little baby Jesus. Philippians 2 gives us insight into the incredible sacrifice that Jesus went through to bring us the gift of himself.
- As a group spend some time reading through Philippians 2:1-11. As you read highlight interesting verses, or places you may have a question.
- According to our passage what did Jesus have to go through in order to come to us, to bring us the gift of eternal life? See Phil 2:6-8
- What response does the Apostle Paul encourage us to have in light of the incredible gift that Jesus gave to us? Have you responded this way? See Phil. 2:1-5, 10-11
- Jesus gave us an example of what it looks like to humble ourselves, and go down to others. How might we follow Jesus’ example this Christmas? What is one person you will commit to be a humble blessing to?
- On Sunday Pastor Jason made this statement “Christmas creates a personal crisis. If Jesus is God then you have to center your life around him. If Jesus is not God then he is to be hated and turned away from.” How have you experienced this crisis personally? How have you see others experince this crisis?
- This past Sunday we discovered three types of courage that we need to follow Jesus. Which one do you have the hardest time with?