Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What is one of your favorite Easter traditions?
Digging Deeper: Read Luke 24
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have?
- Who was the first to discover that Jesus had risen from the grave? What is so significant about this fact?
- What were the various responses to Jesus’ empty tomb? Can you relate to the responses of the disciples?
- What role did community play in the disciples trying to process what had happened to Jesus?
- It appears that the disciples were delayed in understanding that Jesus had predicted His resurrection to fulfill the scriptures? Why do you think that was?
- How does Jesus respond to the disciples after His resurrection?
Make It Personal:
- If you were to explain to a friend or family member why you believe the resurrection of Jesus was an actual historical event, what would you say?
- If you were asked by a young believer how you personally balance your doubts with faith, what would you say?
- On Easter Sunday, pastor Jason made the point, “Faith in Jesus is a process.” How do we see this in the disciples’ lives? How have you seen this to be true in your life?
- Thomas is often called “doubting Thomas” because he refused to believe the story of Jesus’ resurrection unless he saw Jesus personally (John 20:24-29). His response is true for many! Why is it important for us to not be satisfied with a secondhand experience with Jesus?
- On Sunday Pastor Jason said, “Unless Jesus becomes personal, He becomes pointless.” What are some steps you take to fostering a personal relationship with Jesus?
- What is one way that you have been encouraged by God this week?