Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What Easter traditions did you enjoy growing up? What Easter traditions have you continued to practice as an adult?
Read Luke 24:1-53
- The Gospel of Luke gives us more minor details regarding the resurrection of Jesus than most other gospels. What small details do you notice? (examples: times of day, names, places) What significance do these small details play?
- Who were the first to discover Jesus’ tomb was empty? What is the significance of these being the first testimonies of Jesus’ resurrection?
- What was the initial response from the disciples concerning Jesus’ resurrection? How long did it take for their doubt to subside?
- Who were the disciples that walked the road to Emmaus? (Hint: Cleopas’ name appears in a shortened spelling in John 19:25.)
- How does your view of Luke 24:13-34 change if these two disciples were in fact a couple?
- How do we see Jesus respond to the disciple’s doubts? What does he do to encourage their faith?
Make It Personal:
- What impacted you the most this year regarding Easter?
- Why do you personally believe that Jesus really did rise from the dead?
- How does this belief change the way you live today?
- After the resurrection in the scriptures, we find Jesus’ disciples in a season of disorientation. They were fearful, anxious, confused. How might you relate to the disciples in this season? How has your life become disoriented?
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason introduced three stages of spiritual development (orientation, disorientation, and reorientation). How have you personally experienced these stages of development?
- What are some fears that you have had over the past few weeks? How does the truth of Easter that Jesus is with us help you in your fear?
- If Jesus were to appear to you today amidst your daily routine, what do you think He would say to you?
- What was one thing you have found God teaching you this week from this week’s sermon, life group study, or your own personal time with Jesus?