Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- When was the last time you experienced exceptional service that went above and beyond what you had expected?
Read John 13:1-20
- What context do we get from this passage of scripture?
- Read Luke 22:24-30. What argument did the disciples have during their Passover meal with Jesus? How does this context shed light on Jesus’ act of washing the disciples’ feet?
- What excuses could Jesus have given to not serve the disciples?
- What distractions caused the disciples to miss the opportunity to serve Jesus and each other? What needs did the disciples have? What needs did Jesus have?
- Why did Jesus wash the disciples’ feet?
- What was the lesson Jesus was trying to teach His disciples? What command does He give to His disciples after He had washed their feet?
- How do we practically follow Jesus’ example today?
Make It Personal:
- Describe someone who serves you. What impact do they have on your life?
- Why do you think Jesus used some of his last hours alive to wash dirty feet?
- Read Matthew 23:11. How does this scripture make you feel about people you interact with each day?
- If you were to take an assessment of your day, how well did you serve others?
- If you were to take an assessment of your day, how did you respond to those who serve you?
- How do you define living a great life? Does your definition match Jesus’ definition?
- How might your job title, or personal accomplishments, trick you into thinking that you deserve to be served rather than serve? How do you overcome this?
- What opportunities might Jesus be placing before you to serve others with an irrational act of service?
- What is your biggest take takeaway from this week’s Study?