Life’s Tough Questions
The Story of Joseph Week One: Do you know why you were born?
Sunday October 2, 2016
- Are you a dreamer? Do you remember your dreams or forget them? Have you ever had a recurring dream?
- If you could only share one idea from Sunday’s message what would it be and why?
- On Sunday Jason made the point that, “focusing on your dream is a great way to lose God’s dream.” What do you think this means? Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Have you ever seen this take place in your, or someone else’s, life?
- Romans 8:28 can be a challenging verse. In the midst of trials it can be difficult to find anything good about our situation. Often times we become exceedingly frustrated with our circumstances. This frustration comes from the tension of our desire for current/temporary well-being versus God’s desire for our eternal well-being.
- Read through the following verses and jot down any insights, questions or key observations. Galatians 1:11-24.
- From these versus what do we learn about Paul’s life before he became a follower of Christ?
- What was Paul’s purpose for his life? What was God’s purpose for Paul?
- What skills, talents, and resources did God use from Paul’s former life to make him into such a great apostle?
- How does this section of scripture affect your view of temporary versus eternal well-being?
- Do you know what your specific purpose is? Has it changed throughout your life? How do you hear from God to find your specific purpose?
- Often times we get distracted from our purpose in life. Is there anything in your life that is pulling you away from your purpose?