Life Group Study Guide
- What is one thing you have zero patience waiting for?
- Has waiting ever struck fear into you before? What was the situation? What was the outcome? Has that experience affected you moving forward?
- What insights, questions, or key observations do you have from Sunday’s message?
Waiting is a normal part of life. Yet there are times where we find ourselves waiting longer than we would like. During our seasons of waiting we can choose to be overcome by fear of the unknown or we can use it as an opportunity to be strengthened in our faith. The following verse’s give us a biblical perspective of how God uses seasons of waiting to prepare us and strengthen us for the Christian life.
- Isaiah 40:30-31
- Lamentations 3:25 – 33
- James 5:7-11
- 2 Peter 3:8-13
What do you hear God communicating to you through these verses? What insights stand out to you?
What promises do we read from these scriptures for those that choose to wait on God, rather than acting on our own behalf?
What do these verses tell us we should be doing during seasons of waiting?
How does the eternal perspective of Jesus’ return and heaven as our eternal home change how we respond to waiting in the present?
- On Sunday Steven revealed that in a waiting season God often leads us to take a step of faith, and do the hard thing. Is there anything God is asking you to step into? What do you need to do to take that step of faith?
- Joseph acted as an agent of God for the prisoners. He connected the prisoners to God by interpreting their dreams. Who in your life can you be an agent of God to? What steps do you need to take to help connect them to Jesus?