Life’s Tough Questions Study Guide
The Story of Joseph Week Four: How Big is Your God?
Sunday October 23, 2016
- Have you ever met someone who seemed “larger than life?” What was it like to be in their presence?
- We all have different view of God. Do you tend to think of God as a father you can run to at all times? A big God who rules over everything? A trusted friend and confidant who is always beside you? How has your view of God shifted throughout your life?
- What stuck out to you from Sunday’s message? If you had to summarize the message for a friend into a single sentence, what would you say?
- We tend to know Jesus the savior, Jesus the friend, Jesus the teacher, and even Jesus the healer, but the bible provides us with another view of Jesus; Jesus the awesome, majestic, all powerful God of the heavens and the earth.
- Read the following verses and jot down any questions, observations, or insights you have. Isaiah 40:28; Isaiah 55: 8-9; Revelation 4:1-11.
- How do these verses describe God? How does this compare with your views of God?
- Are these verses encouraging to you? If so how? If not why?
- What is everyone in Revelation chapter 4 doing? What does that mean for us today?
- Often times our trials and weaknesses are the very platform through which others experience God. Is there a particular trial in your life that God is using to help you minister to those around you?
- On Sunday Jason made the statement that “we have become satisfied with too little in life.” In what ways have your views of God been too little? In what ways have you settled for less in your relationship with Jesus? How has this affected your relationship with Him? What steps do you need to take to get a bigger view and experience more of Jesus?