Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- Who do you go to for advice when you need it most? Who is the voice of reason in your life?
Digging Deeper: Read Romans 12:1-3
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- In your own words, what is Paul’s main point in this passage?
- What imagery is Paul using that the Romans would be familiar with?
- Paul calls his readers to what action? What role does God play in the transformation process?
- Why should Paul’s audience care what God’s will is? Why should we care?
Make It Personal:
- In what ways have you seen God transform your life?
- What impact does the culture you live in play in regards to the way you think, and therefore the way you live out your faith in Jesus?
- On Sunday Pastor Jason made the point, “My ideals are not as great as God’s plans.” What ideals are you holding on to that are holding you back?
- If a young believer asked you how you discipline or control your thought life, what tips or pointers would you give?
- What role does mediation on scripture play in your faith? Review the steps that Pastor Jason gave regarding scripture meditation. What area in your life do you need to find a scriptural truth to overcome a lie or ideal that has taken your thoughts captive? As a group help each other find at least one verse the meditate on.
- What is one take away or action that you have gained from this week’s sermon, life group, or personal study?
(Login/Register to leave a comment)