Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- When you look back over your walk with God, what aspect of His character is most encouraging to you?
Read Psalm 23, emphasis verse 6.
- What stands out to you from this passage of scripture? Give the Holy Spirit a moment to lead you to specific thoughts, words, or phrases. What insight, questions, or observations do you have? Write them down, and as a group try to answer them.
- How would you explain God’s goodness to someone who does not know the Lord? How have you experienced God’s goodness in your life?
- David declares God’s goodness and mercy (some translations translate mercy as unfailing love) follows me all the days of my life. What does God’s mercy or unfailing love look like practically in David’s life? What does God’s mercy look like in your life?
- On Sunday Pastor Jason made the point, “If you summarized every book of the bible the overarching theme is that “THE LORD LOVES US AND WANTS TO DWELL WITH US.” Is it easy or difficult for you to believe that God wants to be with you?
Make It Personal:
- On Sunday Pastor Jason made the point, “The Lord’s love is a love that pursues us.” How have you experienced the love of God pursuing you lately?
- Where are you in need of mercy or unfailing love today? Where in your life have you been harder on yourself than God has been on you?
- Read Psalm 27:3-4, Psalm 42:1-2, Psalm 63:1-7. What is David’s consistent request in each of these Psalms?
- Do you ever find yourself asking God for more of His presence in your life? Why or why not?
- How aware are you of God’s presence in your life? What are some ways that you have found help you recognize God’s presence through out your day? What are some things that might be hindering your awareness of God’s presence in your life?
- How has God’s word encouraged you personally, through this study, or through Sunday’s Sermon?