Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What is a goal you are chasing after individually, as a couple, as a family?
Read Genesis 2:15-25.
- Imagine for a moment what it must have been like to be Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. What freedoms did they have? What was their relationship with one another like? What was their relationship with God like?
- What was God’s ideal for marriage as we see depicted in this passage?
- What was God’s ideal for our relationship with Him as depicted by this passage?
- What was God’s goal for His relationship with Adam and Eve?
Read Genesis 3:1-12.
- How did Satan deceive Adam and Eve?
- How were Adam and Eve’s relationship affected by their choice?
- How does Satan continue to deceive humanity? How have our relationships been affected by Satan’s deception?
- What was Satan’s goal for Adam and Eve? For humanity?
Make It Personal:
- If a stranger found your calendar and budget for this week, what would they think your life centered around?
- Based on the circles we saw in the message this past week, what would you say your life has been centered around the last seven days?
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason made the point, “When we chase after what we don't have, we sacrifice the blessings of what we do have.” How have you seen this to be true?
- How do you see what is at the center of your life affecting your values and beliefs?
- If you were to evaluate your actions and choices in your relationships, do they reflect the person you want to be?
- How have you seen your actions and decisions impact and influence those around you (kids, family, friends)? Is your life making the impact and influence you want? If not, what needs to change?
- What role does prayer have in your life? Frequent, infrequent? How might the practice of making prayer “short, consistent, miss a day but not two” increase prayer in your life?
- What is one take away or action you plan to make as a result of this week’s study?