Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What couples or marriages do you most look up to and why?
Priscilla and Aquila are an example of a couple that was Christ-centered and Mission-driven. Read the following verses to gain some insight into this Godly marriage.
Read: Acts 18:1-4, 18-21, 24-26; Romans 16:3-4; 1 Cor. 16:19; 2 Timothy 4:19
- What do we learn about Priscilla and Aquila from these verses?
- How did Priscilla and Aquila use their jobs and resources to fulfill a greater, more unified mission?
- How did they serve Jesus and the church together?
- How were their roles different, but still focused on the same unified mission?
- How is this couple different than what we might consider the “normal examples” of marriage we have around us?
- How might Priscilla and Aquila provide us an example of a Christ-centered, mission-driven life?
Make It Personal:
- How can you tell when a couple is unified in mission and “walking together?”
- What do you think about the statement, “The foundation of a Godly marriage is not happiness. It is unity”? Why is happiness the wrong mission for a relationship?
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason made the point, “What God seeks to unite, Satan schemes to divide.” What are some of the methods Satan uses to divide relationships?
- Read Amos 3:3. Is it possible for two people in a relationship to have a healthy relationship without agreeing on the direction they should go?
- What most accurately describes your relationship: no direction, one direction, or multiple directions?
- What are the things you love? What are your passions? How could those become part of your mission?
- In your relationships, how are you already mission-driven? How could you be more unified?
- If you are single, how can you pursue the mission God has given you in the coming week?
- Take a few moments to write down your mission in a sentence or two. If you’re in a serious relationship, write it together. Share your statement with your life group.
- What is one take away or action you plan to make as a result of this week’s study?