- What is the silliest thing you complain about? (Slow high-speed internet, broken a/c in your second car, etc.)
Read Luke 17:11-19.
- What insights, observations, or questions do you have from this passage of scripture?
- What is leprosy? How did it impact these men physically, relationality, socially, financially, and spiritually? (Read Leviticus 13 for more.)
- What was at risk for the lepers that called out to Jesus for mercy?
- Why did Jesus tell the lepers to go show themselves to the priest?
- What is significant about the one leper that returned to thank Jesus? How does this man’s ethnicity change the story?
- Why do you think only 1 out of 10 lepers retuned to thank Jesus?
- Jesus tells the leper that, “his faith has made him well.” Was he not already well? What do you think Jesus meant by this?
Make It Personal:
- How do you find yourself living like the grateful leper? Like the other nine?
- What do you think an attitude of greater gratitude could unlock in your life?
- On Sunday, Pastor Jason gave us three statements to increase gratitude in our lives. Which one has impacted you the most? Which one do you need to practice the most?
- What good things in your life have been a gift from God that you do not thank Him enough for?
- Is there an area of your life where you are dissatisfied? Wishing you had more or better?
- How has what you want robbed you of the joy of what you currently have?
- What blessing in your life do you need to turn into praise?
- What are some curses in your life that can be switched into opportunities of praise?
- What is one take away that you will place into action in your life as a result of this week’s study?