Life Group Study Guide: Loved what you heard on Sunday? Want to go deeper? The life group study guide will help you unpack what you heard on Sunday, while diving deeper into God's word.
- What is the hardest choice you have ever had to make?
Read Romans 10:5-10(ESV)
- What is the context of this passage? Who is Paul speaking to?
- Who is the “word” that Paul refers to in this scripture?
- In what ways is this passage different than Deuteronomy 30:11-20 that we read on Sunday?
- According to this passage how is one saved? Is it as simple as it sounds? Is anything missing from this explanation?
- In what ways do we try to add to Paul’s explanation for salvation? In what ways do we try and take away from it?
Make It Personal:
- What does your decision-making process look like? How do you make choices?
- On Sunday, Pastor Steven made the point, that we can choose life through listening, holding fast, and dwelling. Which one of these three is most effective for you? Which one do you need more of in your life?
- On Sunday, Pastor Steven made the point, that the choice for life is hard because it “exposes our need and it exposes our insignificance.” What happens when we ignore these two points?
- In what areas of life do you struggle to choose life? As a result of this study are there any changes you are wanting to make?
- What is one take away, or action that you will commit to as a result of this study?